9th Annual Figures & Faces Art Competition
“You would hardly believe how difficult it is to place a figure alone on a canvas, and to concentrate all the interest on this single and unique figure and still keep it living and real.” ~Edouard Manet
Fusion Art invites submissions for the 9th Annual Figures & Faces Art Competition for an online exhibition during the month of October 2023.
For this competition, both 2D and 3D artists, worldwide, are invited to submit their best art depicting the human form – both figures & faces. All artists, regardless of location or experience, are invited to submit their best representational and/or abstract art and photography.
Here is a link to the 8th Annual Figures & Faces Art Exhibition in order to help artists see what type of art was accepted in the past.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: August 2, 2023
- Deadline for Entries: October 1, 2023
- Opening of Online Exhibition: October 9, 2023
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: December 8, 2023 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 5 years)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $25 for 1-2 images.
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $40 for up to 5 images (average of $8 per image).
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as FirstName_LastName_Title.jpeg. Example: John_Smith_Untitled.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- “Traditional” is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, printmaking, encaustic, fabric, and mixed media.
- “Photography & Digital” is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art). Digital Art that is a derivative work, created from another original artwork, must be significantly different as to constitute a new original work. The gallery reserves the right to request a copy of the original artwork if copyright infringement is suspected.
- “3-Dimensional” Art is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art. All 3D entries now require front, back and side views to be considered and properly juried. There is no additional fee for these additional images. Please see entry form for instructions.
- There are no size limitations on the artwork.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale to be entered into the competition.
- Cash prizes will be given to the Best in Show winners in each category (Traditional, Digital & Photography and 3-Dimensional (if the gallery receives 3D entries).
- In lieu of the cash prize, Best in Show winners can to choose a complimentary one-year membership to our Fusion Artist’s Members Gallery, as long as they meet the eligibility listed HERE.
- The Best in Show winners will be the “Featured Artists” on the website for the duration of the exhibition. The Best in Show winners will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art’s annual group show in Santa Fe, New Mexico in 2024.
- 2nd through 5th Place awards in each category will also be given. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Artistic Excellence and/or Honorable Mention awards may also be given.
- All award winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- Video slideshows of the top winning artists in the group exhibition will be created and available on the website and Fusion Art’s YouTube channel.
- Fusion Art’s objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers who see the artwork on the Fusion Art website will be directed to the artist for negotiation.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.
Please note that Submittable is a 3rd Party Submission Management Platform. Therefore, if you have any issues submitting and/or technical issues with the platform, including password resets, please reach out to Submittable Support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submittable Customer Support hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm MT (Mountain Time). Thank you.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: