5th Into the Wild Art Competition
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Fusion Art invites submissions for its 23rd Quarterly Art Competition – the 5th Into the Wild Online Art Competition.
For this art competition, 2D and 3D artists, worldwide, are encouraged to submit their best work depicting wildlife. The wildlife theme includes any undomesticated animal species including any wild mammal, wild fish, wild bird or wild reptile. The work can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational or abstract wildlife art and photography.
A three-month group online exhibition will be featured on the Fusion Art website starting March 15, 2023.
Here is a link to the 4th Annual Into the Wild Art Exhibition in order to help artists see what type of art was accepted in the past.
All competitions include awards in three categories - "Traditional" Art, "Digital & Photography" and 3-Dimensional Art (if the gallery receives 3D entries). Best in Show and 2nd through 5th Place awards will be given. The Best in Show winners will receive a cash prize or the option of a one-year complimentary membership to Fusion Art's Featured Artist Members Gallery, as long as they meet the eligibility listed HERE. In addition, Best in Show winners receive an invitation to Fusion Art's Annual Group Show in Santa Fe, NM in 2024.
Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Artistic Excellence and/or Honorable Mention awards may also be given. Please see further information below under the Awards section.
The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery's website, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 9,500 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites and our extensive and continually growing social media network.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: November 16, 2022
- Deadline for Entries: March 5, 2023
- Opening of Online Exhibition: March 15, 2023
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: June 14, 2023 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions” for 5 years)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $25 for 1 image.
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $40 for 2-5 images (average of $8 per image).
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as FirstName_LastName_Title.jpeg. Example: John_Smith_Untitled.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- "Traditional" is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, printmaking, encaustic, fabric, collage, and mixed media.
- "Photography & Digital" is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art). Digital Art that is a derivative work, created from another original artwork, must be significantly different as to constitute a new original work. The gallery reserves the right to request a copy of the original artwork if copyright infringement is suspected.
- "3-Dimensional" Art is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art. All 3D entries now require front, back and side views to be considered and properly juried. There is no additional fee for these additional images. Please see entry form for instructions.
- There are no size limitations on the artwork.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale to be entered into the competition.
- Cash prizes will be given to the Best in Show winners in each category (Traditional, Digital & Photography and 3-Dimensional (if the gallery receives 3D entries).
- In lieu of the cash prize, Best in Show winners can to choose a complimentary one-year membership to our Fusion Artist’s Members Gallery, as long as they meet the eligibility listed HERE.
- 2nd through 5th Place awards in each category will also be given. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Artistic Excellence and/or Honorable Mention awards may also be given.
- The Best in Show winners will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art's bi-annual group show in Santa Fe, NM.
- All award winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- Video slideshows of the top winning artists will be created and available on the website and Fusion Art's YouTube channel.
- Links to the artist's website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist's website.
- Fusion Art's objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers who see the artwork on the Fusion Art website will be directed to the artist for negotiation.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.
Please note that Submittable is a 3rd Party Submission Management Platform. Therefore, if you have any issues submitting and/or technical issues with the platform, including password resets, please reach out to Submittable Support directly at email@example.com. Submittable Customer Support hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm MT (Mountain Time). Thank you.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: