9th Annual Artist’s Choice Art Competition
“The greatness of art is not to find what is common but what is unique.” ~Isaac Bashevis Singer
Fusion Art invites submissions for the 9th Annual Artist’s Choice art competition for an online exhibition during the month of March 2024.
For this open (no theme) competition, both 2D and 3D artists, worldwide, are invited to submit their best art and photography in any subject matter and any media. The artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and artists, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational and/or nonrepresentational art and photography.
Here is a link to the 8th Annual Artist’s Choice Art Exhibition in order to help artists see what type of art was accepted in the past.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: December 27, 2023
- Deadline for Entries: March 1, 2024
- Opening of Online Exhibition: March 5, 2024
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: April 4, 2024 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 5 years)
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $20 for 1-2 images.
- A nonrefundable entry fee of $40 for up to 5 images (average of $8 per image).
- Artists may enter the competition more than once if they have more than 5 works they want to be considered.
- Artists are encouraged to enter the maximum number of images allowable for the entry fee. All images entered are not guaranteed to be accepted.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- “Traditional” is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, printmaking, encaustic, fabric, and mixed media.
- “Photography & Digital” is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art). Digital Art that is a derivative work, created from another original artwork, must be significantly different as to constitute a new original work. The gallery reserves the right to request a copy of the original artwork if copyright infringement is suspected.
- “3-Dimensional” Art is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art. All 3D entries require front, back and side views to be considered and properly juried. There is no additional fee for these additional images. Please see entry form for instructions.
- AI Art is now acceptable for consideration in all Fusion Art competitions as long as it is categorized as AI. The artwork can be created with the assistance of generative AI and/or enhanced with AI tools. However, it must be created with using the artist’s own original artwork as a base. It can be enhanced using AI tools but cannot be 100% AI generated. It will be judged and placed in its own separate category and will not be judged against traditional art, digital art, photography or 3D art. To learn more about why the gallery decided to include this new category in its competitions, read the post HERE.
- There are no size limitations on the artwork.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale to be entered into the competition.
- Cash prizes will be given to the Best in Show winners in each category – Traditional, Digital & Photography and 3-Dimensional (if the gallery receives 3D entries) and AI Art (if the gallery receives AI entries).
- In lieu of the cash prize, Best in Show winners can to choose a complimentary one-year membership to our Fusion Artist’s Members Gallery, as long as they meet the eligibility listed HERE.
- The Best in Show winners will be the “Featured Artists” on the website for the duration of the exhibition.
- 2nd through 5th Place awards in each category will also be given. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- All award winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- Links to the artist’s website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist’s website.
- Fusion Art’s objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors and buyers.
- All inquiries from potential buyers who see the artwork on the Fusion Art website will be directed to the artist for negotiation.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.
Please note that Submittable is a 3rd Party Submission Management Platform. Therefore, if you have any issues submitting and/or technical issues with the platform, including password resets, please reach out to Submittable Support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submittable Customer Support hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm MT (Mountain Time). Thank you.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit: